Monday 20 January 2014

“The energy of "home" and authentic hearted owners” * Thank you Tom!!!

This place, this very special place, was my home more than once over the last few years. Just returning to the US after four-months living at Shiva Garden, with Jayan and his lovely, loving wife, Sonia, I feel homeless in my own home now. There is a rare energy to Shiva Garden. It embodies "community." If you are looking for five-stars, find a sanitary, cold, five-star (or similar) right next door. If you want "real" people, travelers, "family" away from home and a community that cares for each other, often found nursing wounds, tired feet, playing music together, napping in hammocks or talking of travels and resting from journeys made, then you will find a home here. Not just a place to stay, but a place to truly rest. To be comforted and be soothed back to life. From heartaches to backaches, I've seen them come and I've seen them healed here. This is a place that will always be home to me anytime I am on that side of the world. There is a genuine love in my heart for Jayan and Sonia and reading some of the reviews here, it hurts to think some people just don't appreciate honorable hosts anymore? Spiders in rooms? Hippies smoking relaxant? It's going to happen anywhere in India. Come to Shiva Garden for real and safe and authentic souls. Go to the other places for white-washed people and walls...

Stayed December 2012, travelled solo

Trip Advisor

No comments:

Post a Comment